2022 Atlanta GLOW Young Women Leadership Program [U.S. Only]
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Applications for the 2022 Atlanta GLOW Young Women Leadership Program are now open. The Atlanta GLOW Young Women Leadership program is for young women and girls who want to learn more about themselves while building their confidence and skills around concepts such as civic responsibility, leadership development, and social change.
Promoting brotherhood, community, and interest in social impact, 2022 workshops include topics such as democracy and voting rights, community action, and grassroots organizing with curriculum instructions that incorporate interactive lessons with the whole class as well as group activities led by mentors. At the end of the program, participants are tasked with creating a project, whether through art, literature or technology, teaching their peers about a social cause or issue that is close to their hearts. .
- Atlanta GLOW uses an earn and learn incentive program to reward participants for goal achievement and program success.
- Participants earn a cash incentive for each element of the program they successfully complete (e.g. training and mentoring sessions), allowing them to supplement income and/or build assets while doing business. learning, development and personal growth a priority.
- They can also earn bonus dollars by completing volunteer projects or community service activities.
- All incentives are distributed to participants upon successful completion of the program.
To participate in the programs, individuals must:
- Be between 14 and 25 years old;
- Obtain parental consent for participation (applicable to ages 14-17);
- At a minimum, be an HS or GED student or graduate;
- Reside in the Atlanta metropolitan area;
- Have a low to moderate family income;
- Be highly motivated to learn new skills;
- Commit to respecting the program participation policy;
- Communicate regularly with program staff/volunteers;
- Comply with all program policies and procedures.
This is a 4-week program held on Saturdays (10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) from June 18 to July 16, 2022.
To apply and enroll in one of the programs, individuals must complete the following steps within 30 days of the program start date:
- Complete the program application
For life skills and mentoring programs, the following steps are additional:
- Take an online orientation and completion quiz
- Take the Casey Life Skills Assessment (CLSA)
- Review CLSA results virtually or over the phone with program staff
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Atlanta GLOW.