Kanthari Leadership Program – Apply Now!
Deadline: March 10, 2022
Applications are now open for the Kanthari Leadership Program which offers a 12-month scholarship-based leadership program for visionaries who have overcome adversity and want to drive ethical social change anywhere in the world. kanthari will provide participants with all the necessary tools to start and run their own NGO/social enterprise or social enterprise.
Some participants have college degrees while others have little or no formal education; Some are blind or physically handicapped, others have no handicap.
Types of Kantharis
- Green Kantharis: Social initiators founding grassroots projects for effective social change
- Yellow Kantharis: Inventors creating new products, strategies or concepts for social change
- Orange Kantharis: Social entrepreneurs using business as a tool for sustainable social change
- Red Kantharis: Activists fighting for a world free from discrimination, negative attitudes or harmful norms
- Purple Kantharis: Artists who use creativity and art as a tool to make a difference
- tailor-made empowerment program for personal development
- skill sets in project management, planning, accounting, fundraising, communication, social media, public speaking
- access to the mentoring program
- Access to a network of social changemakers from 48 countries
- To ensure high quality training, kanthari welcomes a maximum of 25 participants per academic year
- You will need to have a plan for a social project/enterprise that will create a mindset change and/or positive impact in your community.
- You will need to be 22 years or older (Please note there is no upper age limit)
- Intermediate knowledge of English (read, written and spoken)
- Basic knowledge in using a computer
- You will need to be flexible, creative, intrinsically driven, bring a high level of drive, energy and ownership
- For people in wheelchairs: independent mobility and daily living skills
- For blind and/or visually impaired people: autonomy excellent mobility and aptitude for everyday life, knowing how to use the white cane, autonomous use of the computer.
What kind of qualification will I get at the end of the course?
kanthari will prepare you to start your social project/initiative. A certificate of completion will be issued to participants who successfully complete the course. In addition, you will be able to take a state exam on social entrepreneurship. For this, you receive a government certificate from Bharat Sevak Samaj (BSS).
- kanthari welcomes applicants over the age of 22 (they have no upper age limit) who have overcome significant life challenges ranging from visual impairment, disability, poverty, war, discrimination and exploitation. They might also witness social situations that they wish to change so that others do not suffer. They should have the passion to make the world a better place and the strength to be forces of good rather than victims of circumstance.
- Applicants should speak and understand basic English and have basic computer skills.
For more information, visit https://www.kanthari.org/admissions/